Changes to Broadband switching Process
Ofcom has announced that from 20th June 2015 the process for switching broadband will change.
- The new process will be implemented using the Gaining Provider led (GLP) process bringing to an end the Migration Access Code (MAC) process.
- The GPL process is similar to that used for CPS and WLR.
- A reseller who wants to migrate a broadband service can go straight to their chosen provider and place a new order to migrate their broadband service.
- The Migration process will be known as "Notification of Transfer" (NoT)
- Once a NoT has been raised, the existing provider will be notified and they in turn will notify the reseller (whose line is being migrated) within two days.
- The new process will take ten days, instead of the current five days. This is to allow the end user time to confirm their decision or change their mind.
- No retention activity can be carried out by the losing provider - this is the guidance from Ofcom and will be subject to future scrutiny.